FAQS: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where are you based? and where do you offer your services?
We will travel to Cochrane, Okotoks, Airdrie, Crossfield, Strathmore, De winton, Chestermere, Spruce Meadows, Canmore, Banff, Lake Louise, Field BC, Kelowna, Vancouver, just about anywhere really!
Where do you perform hair & makeup?
We are a traveling beauty team that performs all beauty services at the Bride’s requested location i.e. your home, hotel rooms, resorts, and private estates.
I also have a home studio located in SE Calgary
Do you have a FaceBook page?
Please click here to like my page www.facebook.com/makeupbymisslu
Do you have an Instagram page?
Yes! Please click here to like my page www.instagram.com/makeupbymisslu
What cosmetic brands do you use on your clients?
We only use high-quality cosmetic products on our clients! Some of the brands we use include Makeup Forever, MAC, Urban Decay, Becca Cosmetics, Marc Jacobs, Laura Mercier, Clinique, Tarte
How far ahead should you book your wedding makeup artist?
It is advisable to book your wedding makeup artist 6-10 months in advance or at least make an Inquiry.
How do I request a price quote for your services?
Please go to the “Rates and Services” page to see general rates, fees and prices. For more customized needs please contact us
And can you work with brides/bridal parties with different ethnic backgrounds?
We are all trained and have experience working with any ethnicity.
Can you accommodate large bridal parties ? Do you have a team/assistants to do more than one service?
Yes, we have a team of several very professional makeup & hairstylists who are able to deliver great work & are very efficient.
Do you do early mornings?
Yes. As early as 5am! Early morning fees may apply.
Do you provide lashes?
Yes. We provide a choice of Strip lashes. our artists carry a variety of strip faux lashes ranging from natural to dramatic.
I have extensions, can I still get my hair done?
Yes, we are happy to style your extensions. Please indicate you have extensions when booking so we can schedule an additional 20 minutes for your appointment. This ensures our stylists have the time and tools needed to protect the health of our your hair. An additional upcharge of $30 is applied.
Is trial run necessary?
I like to allow between 2-3 hours for a trial run. So please allow time for it
I’ll also take pictures of before, during and “after” and will email them to you, as well as use them as reference on the wedding day. If you’re booking a trial run for EITHER makeup OR hairstyling, allow 90 minutes for either appointment.
How long does the hair and makeup for the bride and the bridesmaids usually take? And how many artists will you bring?
DO I have to supply my own hair styling products?
No, your Make-Up Artist will carry all her own appliances such as rollers, hair dryers, straighteners etc. Also products such as gel, hairspray, mousse, wax, grips, bands will all be supplied. However, we do not supply hair accessories such as tiara, flowers etc.
What is included in the services?
- Makeup application including eyelashes (strip or individual) designed to last all day!
- Touch up kit for makeup clients that includes rice paper, a studio sized powder puff packed with translucent powder, and a lip sampler/gloss.
- Hair styling (all hair products and pins are provided) Any decorative clips or pins are to be provided by client.
- Veil placement (if applicable)
I am getting married in the summer, do you have waterproof makeup?
Yes. We offer waterproof foundation, mascara and eyeliners and liquid long lasting lipsticks
Will my hair and makeup lasts throughout my event?
We use long-lasting professional products and techniques that should last through the duration of your wedding.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We only accept cash payments, etransfer or check
When do I pay the full amount for services?
Unfortunately, our pricing is non-negotiable. We are a full team of highly trained and certified artists with years of experience under our belt. We take pride in our work and have a high volume of inquiries. Also please keep in mind the following:
- The amount of money a beauty professionals spends on updating techniques & keeping current with trends.
- The professional quality of tools, brushes, disposables, etc.
- The professional quality of products.
- The quality of work a professional produces.
- The costs of insurance, advertising, website costs etc.
- The amount of time spent on creating quotes, invoices, attending to inquiries, researching suitable products for people with allergies or special requests, packing our kit, etc
Do you have a cancellation policy?
You may cancel your wedding appointment two months before the wedding, without incurring any fees by sending a written request via email or certified mail. There will be no refund of the deposit/retainer. If Client cancels 30 days prior to the wedding day, 50% of the any remaining balance will be charged. If Client cancels within 2 weeks or less of such event date, 100% of the remaining balance will be charged.
Rates do not include parking fees nor do they include any gratuity you would like to give your artist(s). Tip is appreciated, but would prefer a glowing 5 star review on social media pages, is
How do I prepare for my appointment?
- Research looks. Take the time to scroll through endless Pinterest/Instagram/Google images of bridal hair and makeup looks. choose and save photos that are consistent with your own hair and facial features. Please keep in mind, that pictures on the internet are photo-shopped, or smoothed out and are taken in better “light” and professionally taken by professional photographer, so please keep this in mind but we will try to replicate it as close as possible.
- Wash your hair the night before (so it has time to regain its natural oils) and don’t put in any product. If you need to do a little taming with a straightener or curling iron, that’s OK—just don’t overdo it. You want your hair to be as natural as possible. ++If you need to wash the day of that’s alright just put some mousse or gel in your beautiful locks after you wash to give your hair a little extra holding power. Then make sure you dry your hair completely as this is key in weatherproofing your hair.
- Have little to no product in your hair, some light styling product would be fine
- When receiving hair services, hair MUST be dry, smooth and ready to style. A $20 fee will apply for hair that is wet/damp and blow dried by stylist prior to hair styling service.
- Avoid applying silicone-based products that will weigh down your hair, such as hair glosses and serums.Avoid applying silicone-based products that will weigh down your hair, such as hair glosses and serums.
- Make sure all of your makeup is removed thoroughly and do not use any products at all on your skin.
- Exfoliate skin the night before making sure dead skin is sloughed away
- If you want to look radiant, and remember to spend the week (or at least day before) exercising a good moisturizing and toning routine. Keeping your face and lips moisturized will ensure smooth and even application of makeup, less creasing, and a polished finish.
- Please notify Artist of any skin allergies/sensitivities
- Bring Any Hair Accessories that you might be wearing, Veil, headband, Tiara, pins, bring them!
- Before your stylist arrives, find an ideal spot for her to set up. Consider lighting, the height of available chairs, and proximity to an outlet and number of stylist.
- During your appointment, don’t be afraid to speak your mind and tell your stylist exactly what you want.